Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Day of Rest -- Thinking about the Napa Historical Society

With the hectic house hunting and work duties and just life in general, this has been an exhausting week and it's time to take a rest. I don't feel 100% healthy at the moment, so I'm not going to get out and do anything today. But this doesn't mean I'm not going to "explore" Napa Valley. What I'm going to do is explore via some research on the Internet.

One thing I've always been curious about is the Napa County Historical Society. I don't honestly remember how I discovered this group, but they hold some interesting-sounding lectures and special events focused on various themes. Some of the recent ones included "the bridges of Napa county" and an exploration of a particular artist's works. Their newest upcoming program is From Battleships to Apron Strings: How WWII created Napa's Swingin' Fifties

I might actually give that a look, out of curiosity (although I get much more intrigued by the late 19th and turn-of-the-century time periods)

No comments:

Post a Comment